As the Russian invasion of Ukraine continues to inflict needless suffering, death and destruction, credit unions in conflict and non-conflict areas are still striving to serve their members and communities.
The Credit Union Regional Center (RCUC) of the Credit Union World Council for Central and Eastern Europe will host a joint virtual event on May 10 to share information on the on-the-ground realities facing credit unions and their members in Ukraine. It will begin at 9 a.m. ET on May 10, and registration is open now.
The event will also highlight how the World Council, the World Credit Union Foundation and the National Association of Credit Unions (Poland), together with its credit unions, their employees and their members, provide short-term humanitarian support, and how they plan to aid the recovery and reconstruction process of Ukrainian credit unions and their long-term members.
This 90-minute virtual event will include presentations from:
- Ewa Sierzysnka, Chief of Party, Global Council/USAID Agricultural Producer Credit Project (CAP)
- Andrew Price, Senior Vice President of Advocacy and General Counsel, Global Council
- Mike Reuter, Executive Director, Global Credit Union Foundation
- Pawel Pelc, Coordinator, Regional Center of Credit Unions
- Piotr Palka, Compliance Officer and Legal Advisor, NACSCU (Poland)