Mental health has never been more important in the music industry.
After suffering blow after blow over the past two years due to the pandemic, music professionals around the world have been deprived of their sources of income and livelihoods. But as the music industry progresses, MusiCares wants the mental health of its professionals to grow along with it.
The RIAA’s MusiCares program provides creatives around the world with mental health awareness resources. In support of Mental Health Awareness Month, they’ve launched a series of free events open to everyone.
You can check out the lineup, courtesy of a press release MusiCares shared with EDM.com, below. Click on the hyperlinks to register.
Scroll to continue
In addition to MusiCares Mental Health Awareness Month events, the organization hosts year-round support groups that highlight a wide range of people and topics, such as addiction recovery, women, the LGBTQ community and black music.
- Cyber-emotional support group (in partnership with ASCAP)
- Every Thursday 4-5pm PT
- Every Friday from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. PT
- Women’s Music Community Support Group
- Every Thursday from 10am-11am PT
- Black Music Community Support Group
- LGBTQ Music Community Support Group
- Every Wednesday from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. PT
- Addiction Recovery Support Group
- Every Tuesday from 1-2pm PT and 4-5pm PT
- Every Wednesday 6-7pm PT
- Every Thursday from 2-3pm PT and 4-5pm PT
MusiCares members can also attend ongoing health clinics and services, weekly yoga practices, physiotherapy, smoking cessation workshops and more. Register here.