- Responsible climate action is necessary to ensure future quality of life.
- Leaders in chemical manufacturing, data technology, government and accounting are taking action for a sustainable future.
- On September 22, 2022 at noon ET, Insider is hosting “Climate Heroes 2022: Working Towards Solutions”, a free virtual event featuring speakers from BASF Corporation, Subak, the White House, GIST and UNEP.
- Click here to register for this free virtual event.
As climate change progresses, the quality of life and habitability across the world is becoming increasingly difficult. And while heat waves, snowfalls, floods and record droughts affect everyone, marginalized communities are often the hardest hit. The UN states that “the impacts of climate change will not occur equally or equitably, between rich and poor, women and men, and older and younger generations”.
Climate justice is a crucial part of climate action, and climate leaders are providing innovative solutions and organizing communities and institutions to address these environmental threats. Aggressive policy, hard-hitting data and collaboration can help mitigate climate change and ensure protection for those most at risk.
Insider’s multi-session conference, “Climate Heroes 2022 – Working Towards Solutions,” presented by BASF, features climate pioneers bringing rigor and justice to climate action. The conference will take place on September 22, 2022 at noon ET and coincides with the release of the Insider’s Climate Action 30 list during Climate Week New York.
The event will take a closer look at what the role of global organizations looks like in accelerating climate action and what businesses and government organizations can do to engage the consumer community in the cause.
- Share the data, save the planet – A conversation with Amali de Alwis
- The fight against climate change is everyone’s responsibility
- On Making a Difference – A Conversation with Climate Activist Jerome Foster II
- Driving Sustainable Supply Chains – A Conversation with Anisa Kamadoli Costa
- Amali de Alwis, CEO, Subak
- Anisa Kamadoli, Chief Sustainability Officer and President and Trustee, Rivian Foundation
- Jerome Foster II, activist and member of the White House Environmental Justice Advisory Committee
- Marcelo Lu, Senior Vice President Care Chemicals NA, BASF Corporation
- Pavan Sukhdev, Founder-CEO and Goodwill Ambassador, GIST Impact & UNEP
- Catherine Boudreau, Senior Sustainability Reporter, Insider
- Tim Paradis, Business Futures Editor, Insider
We hope to see you there!